Tuesday 19 July 2011

Quick nasi goreng

When I don't have much time to cook I like to make a pasta or a quick nasi goreng. Today was one of these days. I was busy sending job applications, go grocery shopping, clean some things and took the dogs for a long walk. I didn't want to spend the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen so I made nasi goreng, the quick way.


Ingredients


Oil (I used peanut oil)
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
1 Leek, sliced as you like it
1 Can of sliced mushrooms

200 gram chicken breast, cut into strips
"Boemboe voor nasi goreng" from Conimex
400 gram Rice


Recipe


- Cook the rice as you normally do
- Put the oil in the pan
- Put the onion and the garlic in the pan 'til there glazed
- Add the chicken breast and fry until done
- Put the leek and the mushrooms in the pan and fry them
- Add 50 ml water and the boemboe
- Add the rice when it's done
- Serve with satay sauce, prawn crackers and fried onions (sos sate,
  keropok udang dan bawang goreng)






Have a nice meal!


Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment