Friday 15 July 2011

Pangasusfilet curry

One of the things I tried lately was a curry based upon a Masterchef Australia recipe "Blue Eye Trevalla and Mussel curry" Instead of Blue Eye Trevalla, because I don't live in Australia ;), and mussels I used Pangasusfilet.




All the ingredients needed for the curry.

I was very lucky to be able to buy curry leaves. They are not in the toko that often so I was glad to get my hands on them. The lady in the toko told me to put them in the freezer, so I could use them for a long time.


A very important part of cooking, the mise-en-place

Before I learned more about cooking I was doing all things at once, causing myself to be completly stressed out and never enjoying what I was doing. Now I take the time to prepare myself. I organise the kitchen, cut and dice everything I need, put all of the spices on the kitchen counter and then I start cooking. And these days I never forget to taste and use my palate to judge if a dish has enough flavour! And you know what? You can taste it in the food, because now I cook with one more ingredient: Love!




This is what looked like with al ingredients in the pan.

With the curry I served Paratha bread, I also made. I forgot to take a picture of the bread, but I was very proud! It was the first time I made something with dough that didn't fail.

Everybody enjoyed the curry and they really loved the Paratha bread! When a dish is well received it makes you want to cook more dishes :)

Have a nice meal!

Petra


No comments:

Post a Comment